On a personal and professional level, obtaining a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) in Texas can bring you great benefits, including opting for the possibility of driving heavy vehicles, school transports, among others that will surely open up many options at work.
To drive commercial vehicles in Texas you must have a statutory age of 21 years, plus you must have a regular driver’s license for more than one year.
CDL in Texas
1. To get your CDL in Texas, there are a number of steps you need to take into account to apply. Here’s what we’ll highlight:
2. Initially, you must determine which kind of license you want to apply, among them are classes A, B, and C.
3. You should prepare yourself for special knowledge exams and exams. These reviews will depend on the type of commercial vehicle you wish to drive.
4. You must download the Manual for drivers of commercial vehicles, which you can obtain by entering the following link.
5. Read the Commercial Vehicle Drivers Manual, where you will find information regarding the special and general knowledge requirements and tests that you must know to get your CDL in Texas.
6. Locate on the internet pages intended for a practice test to apply to your CDL in Texas.
7. After completing the above steps, you may request to take the written exam and the examination of the hearing; once you have passed the exam you will be able to receive an apprentice license that will allow you to drive commercial vehicles, provided that you are accompanied by a Person with a valid CDL.
8. With your apprentice license and accompanied by a person with a valid CDL, practice driving commercial vehicles, this will help you to be prepared for your practical assessment by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
9. Request to present the practical test on a commercial vehicle similar to the one you applied.
10. Cancels the regulatory fee to obtain your CDL once all the tests have passed.
Driving a commercial vehicle in Texas is an activity that will bring you benefits at a professional level.
However, it is a practice that demands a great responsibility on the part of the driver, for these reasons, make sure to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain your CDL in Texas.
In addition, we recommend you to acquire knowledge about driving in different types of climate, regulatory requirements in the control and inspection of the vehicle, plus practical skills in making turns, reverse driving, among other qualities necessary to drive.